FSS Cross-Country Support Community Meeting: Haiku Writing to Build Clarity and Resilience
Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 7pm eastern
The ancient tradition of Haiku poetry or “play verse” focuses on themes including the temporality of life, ephemerality of nature and the seasons. These are very short poems that nonetheless pack a punch. Together we will discuss and explore the power of this type of poetry writing, and create our own poems. ALL WRITING ABILITIES WELCOME!
GWU Hospital: Virtual Trauma Survivors Group
Thursday, August 17 from 6:30pm to 8pm via Zoom
This virtual meeting hosted by the George Washington University Hospital is open to all trauma survivors, family members and loved ones. It is a space where people can connect with other people who have experienced similar circumstances.
Contact us at DCFamiliesForSafeStreets [at] gmail.com for the Zoom link.
- Older Adult Block Party: Saturday, September 9, 2023 from 12pm to 2pm at Dupont Circle
- Vigil/ Press Conference for Underride Victims: Thursday, September 14, 2023 at US Department of Transportation
- DC Family Bike Fest: Sunday, September 17, 2023 from 10am to 2pm at Alethia Tanner Park
- Next DC-FSS monthly meeting: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 evening via Zoom
- Truck Safety Coalition’s Fundraising Soiree: Friday, September 29, 2023 from 6pm to 9pm in Eastern Market
- National Week Without Driving: October 2-8, 2023. More information to come from DC region partners.
- Georgia Ave NW Open Streets: Saturday, October 7, 2023
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims: Sunday, November 19, 2023. Contact us if you’re interested in helping to organize this year’s event.